Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rosa Ryan about Bee Stings

Cure for Bee and Hornet Stings - This came to me in an email. I thought it was interesting. The write sent this message:
A couple of weeks ago I was unfortunate enough to get stung by both a bee and a hornet while working in the garden. My arm swelled up so off to the walk-in clinic I went. The clinic gave me
cream and an antihistamine.
The next day the swelling was getting progressively worse so off to my regular doctor I went. Infected arm - needed an antibiotic. What was interesting is what the Dr. told me.
The next time you get stung put a penny on the bite for 15 minutes. I thought, wow next time (if there ever is one) I will try it.
Well that night my niece got stung by two bees. When she came over to swim I looked at the bite and it had already started to swell. So off I went to get my money. I taped a penny to her arm for 15 minutes. The next morning, there was no sign of a bite. Wow were we surprised!
Well guess what happened again on Saturday night. I was helping my sister deadhead her flowers and guess what? You are right - I got stung again two times by a hornet on my left hand. Was I ticked. I thought, here I go again having to go to the doctor for yet another antibiotic. Well I promptly went into the house, got my money out, and taped two pennies to my bites and then sat and sulked for 15 minutes. The penny took the sting out of the bite immediately. I still wasn't sure what was going to happen. The next morning I could only see the spot where he had stung me. No redness, no swelling.
Just wanted to share the marvelous information in case any of you are experiencing the same problem at home.
We need to have a stock of pennies on hand at school and at home.
The Dr. said somehow the copper in the penny counteracts the bite. I would never had believed it. But it definitely does work.

No comments: